Situated 7kms from Katherine township on the banks of the Katherine River, Springvale Homestead was built in the 1880’s and is the oldest standing Homestead in the Northern Territory. It is renowned for its hospitality and relaxed atmosphere. Springvale Homestead offers travellers a shady parkland environment, featuring grassed caravan and camping sites, budget motel accommodation, a licensed bistro and kiosk, swimming pool and children’s waterslide. Relax, wander the picturesque grounds with wallabies roaming freely and take in the beauty of the original Homestead.
Free Homestead Tours operate daily at 3:00pm from May to September except Saturday and public holidays. Learn about the history and enjoy a devonshire tea.
- Shady caravan and camping sites
- Swimming pool, toddlers pool and waterslide
- Licensed bistro and kiosk(seasonal)
- Tour booking service
- River fishing and swimming
- Canoe hire, bushwalking
- Laundry facilities
- LP Gas and Ice
- BBQ Facilities
- 60 budget units with private facilities and colour Television (family units available)
- Tea and coffee facilities
- Non-smoking rooms available